AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-guidie 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 5/2/2007 16:51 (#145345 - in reply to #144788)
Subject: Re: Ez-guidie 500

I can say that OnmiStar in 1999 was seriously affected by solar activity. We were running a 132/PSO and I had a lot of complaints from drivers. In one case the cross track error moved 18 feet in less than 5 minutes with the spreader stopped. This would have been what they now call VBS, I think. A heated call to Trimble (on my part) resulted in a recommendation to switch to beacon correction. This was an instant cure, no more complaints. I have personally used this now very old GPS unit to get in the right row in a 320 acre field that was furrowed out with an RTK/autosteer tractor. I had a cross track error of less than one foot (I never shifted the a-b line) for the entire field (two full days). It makes me wonder it Art might practice witchcraft. As for beacon, it has been given a one year reprieve (http://sidt.gpsworld.com/gpssidt/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=414300). I hope it makes it to the bad solar flare days again, then I believe beacon's performance will insure future funding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)