AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-guidie 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/2/2007 09:21 (#145228 - in reply to #144600)
Subject: This is hi-tech electronics . . .

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

The one constant with all sorts of this stuff is that it gets a lot cheaper - fast!!!

As the next sunspot cycle comes up again, things could get worse for GPS performance. How much worse is subject to debate because we really have no way of knowing how intense the upcoming cycle will be. We also have no way of knowing haw badly the storms will affect the birds themselves. If we are left with an in-sufficient number of birds to give us position info, then the type of correction will be irrelevant.

Having had a taste of what GPS does and how well it works for my uses, I'm well pleased with my low-end WAAS system. I'm planning to use it for at least two more years and then evaluate what's available in the better corrections end of the market. I'm betting that even the moderately priced "accurate" systems we will have available in two years will be not only much cheaper, but also simpler and better than today's RTK systems. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me, to spend extra dollars on solving a problem that is 3 years or more away, today

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)