AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback Baseline vs. other RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 5/8/2007 22:27 (#148021 - in reply to #147988)
Subject: Re: Outback Baseline vs. other RTK

Soutwest Ks.
I personally had my regular Baseline ugraded to the HD last fall when they were in experimental stage.
They changed the antennae in the baseline and inserted different software in the S2. I strip tilled last fall with this unit and came back and planted on the strips. It was hard at times to line up with with the strips without shifting AB. I don't think drift is the culprit, I still question if they have pass to pass accuracy good enough for true repeatability without monitoring. To be fair to Outback, it was my first year with this unit and I am finding it extremely essential that any implement perfectly tracks the tractor, and in case it doesn't to take the time to make adjustments to offset. I do believe that I will experience more consistent strips this fall with the experience I have learned. I did feel like I was careful when I strip tilled and measured and adjusted repeatedly, however this spring driving over every pass, it become apparent that there were glitches in system operation at times with no apparent reason. In short, these are good units, but they will not compare with true RTK. As long as everyone knows and is aware that this is a low end priced system with limitations, I think customers will be happy. I personally like the company and hope they continue with developement and fine tuning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)