AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ GUIDE 500 - EZ STEER SETTINGS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LanceM
Posted 4/27/2007 09:22 (#143289 - in reply to #143276)
Subject: RE: OK, Let's review here.....

DG N. AL - 4/27/2007 08:45

That is your post that I jumped in on. Bullet shots, high dollar rigs can't plant any straighter, once it is dialed in it's on the money. My reply was "Tell the whole story".

Now we find out you do have to nudge. Not quite as "right on" as we were first led to believe.

I assumed (incorrectly I guess) that most folks know systems that cost $1000's and $1000's more might not have to nudge (although they do occasionally).

The one question I am always asked is "Can I plant with WAAS"? My reply is that you can try, but be prepared to be disappointed.
That's why I wanted to share my experience and others around me. You can plant with it here, quite well in fact. Is it advertised or guaranteed to be perfect for planting? No.

I see it over and over again. People start out with WAAS and then move up to a more accurate correction signal. Most say they should have done it from the start.
Funny you mention this. I know some folks who have started on the "better" stuff and are wondering why theirs doesn't look any better than mine.

Some people want to get into autosteer as cheaply as possible. They come here for advice and some one says you can plant with WAAS, so they go and buy the cheapest WAAS system they can find.
There are cheaper systems than the 500, believe me. Me thinks you don't know much about the 500.

Then they go to the field and try to plant only to be severely disappointed. They are then all over their dealer fussing because the system will not do what someone told them it would do. The truth is that it was never designed to have that kind of accuracy. Then they find out the system they bought is not upgradeable. They would have been much better served if they had spent a little more and bought a system capable of meeting their needs. Many will then chunk the system and not try anything else convinced that guidance will not work. The fact of the matter is that they could have spent a few more dollars and bought a system that would have met their needs.
No dealers make the claim that you can plant with them (that I'm aware of). They all know plenty of people doing it but they won't promise it to a potential customer (that has been my observation anyway). The 500 is very upgradeable. Again. Not accurate info on your part. Define "spending a little more"? $1000's of dollars isn't pocket change for some of us.
As to future WAAS systems having 1-2" accuracy, I told you I have not heard anything about that. I can't discuss a system that I know nothing about. And, I don't see the relevance to this conversation. We are talking about current accuracy only and WAAS DOES NOT HAVE 1-2" ACCURACY NOW.

That was just a simple question and not totally off topic. I was curious if you had heard about it. I'm surprised you haven't. I never said WAAS had 1-2" NOW did I?
I am not trying to discredit you.
Could have fooled me.
But if they are setup correctly dual band correction systems and RTK systems are much more accurate that WAAS.
Indeed they are. I don't think I ever stated they weren't. Would I pay much more for RTK if offered to me at a big discount? Depends. Would have to be a lot less gap in pricing than I see currently.
You seem to have suddenly taken this thread personally.

Quite conversely, I was thinking the same about you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)