AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ GUIDE 500 - EZ STEER SETTINGS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LanceM
Posted 4/27/2007 00:29 (#143184 - in reply to #143179)
Subject: RE: Tell the whole story.....

DG N. AL - 4/27/2007 00:19

LanceM - 4/26/2007 22:59 By the way, did you deliberately avoid my 1-2 inch WAAS question?

Not avoiding it at all. I know nothing about it so I won't comment. To get 1-2 inch accuracy with current technology requires a reference station very close by. We call that RTK. If you can get 1-2" Static accuracy with WAAS you will have to prove that one.

Oh and one of your supporting posters below mentions 10" variations of guess rows. That is starting to sound more like it.

Also, i am not knocking the EZ500 and EZ-steer at all. They are fine pieces of equipment. My beef is with your claims of accuracy on the WAAS system. I have been running WAAS since it was in the testing phase. I have used it on many brands of equipment. I have seen it's accuracy and short comings. It has it's place. But I do not see 10" variations in guess rows as being acceptable. And I have seen WAAS have 30" variations on guess rows.

I stated the 1-2 inch WAAS was in the works down the road (as little as 1 year, possibly two). I never claimed that it was happening now. I stated I heard it was coming. In your haste to discredit me (and others) you're not reading/comprehending well. Give it a rest now. We can plant with good accuracy here. I don't have anything to gain by spewing false rhetoric. As I said earlier, what do you want? Pictures, signatures, video statements from other farmers? Wow. Long live your beloved RTK. I'm glad you're happy with it. Don't begrudge myself and others our success (or insinuate that I'm fabricating my results). Very touchy about this subject, I can't help but wonder why.

Your cherry picked example in this thread (10" variations) actually said "Our guess rows typically run true by the way. Once again, running with the extreme examples. I'll post some WAAS and a couple SF2 fields for ya tomorrow if you like dealing with extremes.

Edited by LanceM 4/27/2007 00:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)