AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ GUIDE 500 - EZ STEER SETTINGS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LanceM
Posted 4/26/2007 23:59 (#143167 - in reply to #143149)
Subject: RE: Tell the whole story.....

DG N. AL - 4/26/2007 23:23

LanceM - 4/26/2007 21:48 Are you in sales by any chance? Just curious. Much more money changing hands with the high end systems. Probably more commission too.

No, I am not in sales in any form or fashion. I have done testing for several different companies. All of the equipment that I am currently running I paid my hard earned $$$ for.

If you have friends planting row crops using WAAS without terrain compensation then you are on table top flat land. You are in the perfect condition. With the hills that we have here, terrain compensation is not an option, it is a requirement.

You and I will have to agree to disagree, but I still flatly contend that for the vast majority of users, WAAS will not give satisfactory results planting row crops. There is a thread on this page where a John Deere user is complaining about his results using SF1. To make the fantastic claims that you are making are extremely misleading to the vast majority of users.

If you can make WAAS work for you then I am proud for you. WAAS will not work here planting row crops and there are others on this board that can back me up. I say that from my own experience that was learned the hard way.

Agree to disagree it is. I don't know many that plant without T2 but do know a couple. You are correct in assuming we are on flat black ground. There are people on this board that will back me up that WAAS will work (in fact, several have in this thread). I'm not making "fantastic claims". I'm reporting what's going on here in my part of the world. I probably know it better than you do and conversely, you know your area better than I. Maybe the 500 and EZ-Steer work a little better than you give them credit for? Is that possible?

I've seen Omni, XP, SF1, and SF2 all perform poorly on occasion. I believe that many instances are due to improper operation/setup. I could show you an SF2 field that's flat out horrible. On my worse day driving I could do better.

As for the Deere thread complaining about SF1? There are RTK problem threads too. Understanding the things and dialing them in is huge no matter what system you use.

By the way, did you deliberately avoid my 1-2 inch WAAS question?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)