AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ GUIDE 500 - EZ STEER SETTINGS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 4/26/2007 23:53 (#143164 - in reply to #142672)
Subject: Re: EZ GUIDE 500 - EZ STEER SETTINGS

Colby, Kansas
I would disagree as well. We are using WAAS on our own operation for row crop planting and have been pleased (not to say we don't use the nudge button now and again). I would disagree with blanket statements that WAAS is unacceptable, as it depends upon what your definition of acceptable is, how your cropping systems work, and what your expectations are. Now I will attach circumstances, as should be done when defending your opinion one way or the other, we apply all N at planting (so sidedress is not an issue) and we don't use autosteer for harvesting (we plant 16, pick 8). Our guess rows typically run true but may vary by as much as 10" but I'm failing to see a problem. And before anybody goes on a spacing tyraid, people in our area have tried narrow row corn, skip row corn, etc, etc, and fail to find statistically significant yield differences consistently, so I'm not about to beleive that a 10"variance in row spacing is going to cost me 1,000's of bu. per acre. That being said we will continue our efforts to move towards controlled traffic and will probally move up to XP, as RTK is not feasiable for us.

I have two customers who purchased EZ-Steer systems last year, both started out at WAAS, both demoed XP, one decided to move up to XP, the other is staying with WAAS. Who's right,,,,,, they both are because they made an informed decision about what fit their needs. I have learned as a salesman that most blanket statments are dangerous and wrong, you had better understand that customer's expectations and needs.

Lucas Haag

Edited by LHaag 4/26/2007 23:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)