AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autofarm Rightrac??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

paconsult
Posted 4/27/2007 16:58 (#143404 - in reply to #143219)
Subject: Re: Autofarm Rightrac??

Hi waterbottle, I work for a precision ag wholesaler and we have dealers throughout Northern Australia from Dubbo in NSW north. We manufacture precision no till planters, distribute farm management and precision ag software and are the distributor for BEELINE technologies in Northern Australia via our network of dealers. My earlier statement about receivers only vs. receivers + gyros is based on in paddock observations/evaluations and direct feedback from farming owners of various steering systems. Currently really feel for many contractors who are trying complete operations with less accurate systems on country planted/hill up/marked out with the more sophisticated machinery that do use solid state MEM's 6 axis gyros. At the end of the day I believe those of us involved in the GPS guidance industry in Australia need to realise we have a duty of care when making recommendations/or performance promises during the sale process. We are dealing with people's livelihoods, particularly in the case of contractors, seeing a huge gap between real technical knowledge and regurgitated sales pitches. Just a personal bugbear of mine and like to try to "keep things real" where I can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)