AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SF1 vs SF2 ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kamp
Posted 4/25/2007 23:28 (#142538 - in reply to #140760)
Subject: SF2 Experiences

Central SD
I felt I had good success repeating in sprayer tracks on multiple passes in our wheat. Had to shift track quite a bit spraying corn (AB's created by GS2-9420-1770 24-row planter). I liked the way the combine(12-row) followed the row - even having to shift track(once in awhile) was easier than gripping that steering wheel all day trying to stay lined up manually.

We are going to pay closer attention this year with the planting tractor - making sure we let things get warmed up (90-100% convergence) before creating lines. The same with follow-ups, spraying and harvesting to see if that helps repeatability. I also think TCM calibration is important for each piece of equipment. I have on-board self-leveling air on my 4720, so I think I should be staying pretty level. I bet a leaky air bag would cause problems from day to day.

RTK isn't an option in our area, and really isn't feasible on our farm. Don't mean to paint a too rosy a SF2 picture. Is it perfect-no. Is it better than WASS-Absolutely.

Edited by Kamp 4/25/2007 23:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)