AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJ I-Speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2007 07:23 (#140955 - in reply to #140761)
Subject: Re: DJ I-Speed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some Two-way Radios can cause these problems. Generally it is the higher powered models. I have low power models and don't use them much. I have had some problems in the past and moving the antenna seemed to help.

We have been successful in "backfeeding" the simulated speed into the tractor system. First remove the offending radar gun. Second make a branch off of the I-speed device to mate with the two pole metri-pak connector behind the fuse panel.

Normally this would be used to get a radar signal OUT of the tractor to another device. However, it will work just as well to put a simulated radar signal IN to the tractor to make the dash etc. work as if it were hooked to a real radar gun.

It is also possible to hook a Sky-Trak type GPS radar simulator into the tractor harness outside the cab behind the trim piece near the muffler. Since Power, Ground and signal IN are available at that connector (it normally goes to the radar gun), this is a convienent place to intercept the factory wiring. Then the dash, metri-pak connector etc will behave just like a real radar gun is in place.

This makes for a very clean install with the Sky-Trak.

Edited by tedbear 4/23/2007 07:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)