AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Envizio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 4/20/2007 14:09 (#139926)
Subject: Raven Envizio

SCMN
Hey everyone, first post here for me. I just found the site, like what I have seen so far.

I just worked my first 80 with our Envizio last night. The raven is designed for spraying obviously but I'm using it for lightbar guidance in the 4WD. I'm running a JD 9200 pulling a 38.5 ft field cultivator. One thing I found out after watching that screen wobble for awhile is that this system was not meant for a tractor that articulates in the center. The reciever is mounted on the front of the cab and I had the fore/aft offset set for like 20 feet(back where the digger sits). This meant that every pivot of the tractor moved the swath with a 20 foot lever. It was bouncing all over and hard to keep on the mark. I set the offset to zero and it's smooth sailing now, tracks real nice. The one thing to remember is that the line is now painting from the center of the cab and not where the digger is actually working. Doesn't matter to me because I am just interested in driving straight and saving fuel for now.

Who else is running this system and how have you liked it thus far? I'm running the Phoenix 200 reciever. Seems like I will be able to hold fairly tight with this setup.

Thanks,

G
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)