AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New proposed livestock laws in Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

shoptek
Posted 4/16/2007 23:02 (#138058 - in reply to #137762)
Subject: RE: my reply

NW IOWA
I understand there is good and bad when it comes to regulations both old and new. I hate new laws and the way they try to control us, look at the FSA offices for one. As for this farmer his size is not an issue even though he does not have ahog building in his yard and he does not work with hogs. He has several other buildings in other locations (different county). He had land in that county to build on so this was not his only place. He does not have enough acres for the manure so that's not the reason. Did I smell it ? Yes I did but only for several days when he first put nursery pigs in. Yes I can smell my hogs but this smell was a putrid dead animal, sour nursery feed smell, it was terrible. I hate to say it but if I had to smell that every day I truly would have to move. But that smell is normal on a new building and will go away in a short time and it did. I understood. Since then Ihave not noticeably smelled it .The Good Neighbor policy was developed by our county hog producers for our county hog producers over 10 years ago there has never been a violation of this policy during that time. And everyone abided by the set back distances or got a waver signed. It has worked great. This policy only pertained to new confinement sites and not existing sites the area hog producers seen this type of hog industry coming and wanted to protect the producers already here.Irealize Circo virus can spread many ways and it is easy to point afinger but when the guy fro Iowa's coalition for farmers came up he even said this was a poor site for a building and that is his job to help place these building in the best sites. This guy had no intent on listening to any one. When the discussion of des eases came up he said if I didn't like it I could move my family and operation.(really) I feel there is rome for us all Just give us our space. Most people wouldn't like some big industrial sit right off the end of their driveway either
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)