AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New proposed livestock laws in Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

shoptek
Posted 4/15/2007 23:34 (#137546 - in reply to #137482)
Subject: Re: New proposed livestock laws in Iowa

NW IOWA
Its obvious which side of the fence you're on, But on my side, I have one of two remaining in dependant farrow to finish sites in the county, the other one is 1 mile away across the section. We both farrow 125 sows and have our kids help on the farm. We had an A-- hole build a finishing site right between us. He lives 15 miles away and just owns the facility. Someone else owns the pigs, someone else cares for them and someone else feeds them. We have a good-neighbor policy in the county that states you can't build within 1/2 mile of a residence, with out that person agreeing to let him build it. Well this guy said screw you I have the State on my side and you {the county} can't stop me and he built just 1/4 mile away from me. They brought in circo virus infected pigs and guess what, Both my neighbor and I now have circo virus and neither of us had it before. All we are doing is trying to make a living on the farm, not trying to make a million just a good family living. I'm sorry I got started but it really hits a sore spot. As far as I'm concerned screw them, because that's what they've done to us. Sorry not all these people are bad maybe just this one is but he is really bad. Pashed just bought this land 2 years ago, he tiled with-out a permit and built the building without a county permit. Somebody needs some control over someone like that AMEN
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)