AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How animal welfare affects shopping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 4/15/2007 07:03 (#136939 - in reply to #136795)
Subject: Re: How animal welfare affects shopping

OD, I've raised chickens both ways. In confinement and free range. The only thing about the free range I hate about chickens is then they are into everything. Get in the shop and lay eggs behind the welder! IMO, the eggs and chicken meat of range chickens is superior to the confinement chicken. Anyone who has eaten eggs from both types of management styles should be able to see this. Store bought eggs really have pale yolks and the egg white usually runs all over the skillet. Compare that to eggs from a chicken running outside pecking at green grass and eating grasshoppers. There is really no comparison. The yolks from the outside chickens are brightly colored and firm. The white doesn't run all over the skillet. Yes, some of this might be due to the age of the chickens. Personally, I always prefered pullet eggs. But IMO the same chicken running outside will lay a better, more tasty, and more eye appealing egg than the same chicken raised in confinement. And the same goes for fryers and broilers.

Edited by John SD 4/15/2007 07:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)