AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

International 9670 good, bad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deadduck
Posted 4/12/2007 16:30 (#135387 - in reply to #135295)
Subject: RE: International 9670 good, bad?

Northeast Louisiana
Good:
They can be had cheap. The 9670's were probably one of the most popular fleet trucks in the late 80's/early 90's. Seem to be very reliable. Usually turn short for getting through tight spots. N-14 is a good engine.

Bad:
It's a cabover and a lot of drivers hate them. They'll ride a little rough, and will make for a long day getting in and out of it, especially your on the heavy side like me. Have to jack up cab to get to engine, though not that big of a deal.

I have an '87 model with a 350 Big Cam IV Cummins and a 9 speed. Ours has a very short wheelbase, and gets a little light in the front end with too heavy a load. Front wheels want to slide when pulling up onto the road out of a field. This was mainly with a high-side Super Hopper grossing over 100K, it does fine with the smaller trailer I have on it now. Other than that, it does what it's supposed to do with very little expense, which makes me money.

I prefer driving conventional trucks, but the 9670's make a good farm truck. A couple of guys around here used to buy 9670's when Wal-Mart traded trucks, and had good luck with them.

Keith
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)