AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Horse Slaughter Bill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 4/12/2007 13:08 (#135308 - in reply to #135290)
Subject: Re: Horse Slaughter Bill

Aberdeen MS
More than likely would have been $0.10 a pound. That's the going rate right now. There is guy close to me that has/had a horse feedlot. I haven't chatted with him for a while, I should, just to get some "closer hand" info although I trust my source now to be accurate.

Anything going across the Canadian border has to be for riding purposes, breeding, or general ownership. Coggins and health papers needed to cross the border in addition to a 30 day quarantine at an approved Canadian facility. Can't export for slaughter.

Mexico doesn't require the vet and paper work. Mexican buyers coming into the states and buying. After that it's no longer exporting. That scenario has really gotten the horse lover people up in great big arms. Always has been illegal to double deck horses on a pot in the US. Mexico has no such limitations. More on one truck... cheaper freight. Quick trip across the border for processing, meat comes back into the US for shipping. Cheaper to ship from US than Mexico. All 100% legal.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)