AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

advice for starting out with a new G*2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 4/12/2007 06:00 (#135096 - in reply to #135061)
Subject: Multi-Part boundaries

The GS2 does not support multi-part boundaries... ie, a field split by a ditch.   To handle these, you have to have a little "land bridge" that connects the two parts to make them one.  The GS2 export that we've written will add these land bridges automatically for you when you export the boundaries that are in your desktop system, so just because the GS2 doesn't support them, it doesn't mean that you can't have them on your desktop.

The GS2 does support any number of holes in a boundary.

The advice to combine fields that are farmed together into a single field for field devices is good advice.   That's where you should setup SuperFields.   Define each of the two 80's as separate fields for business purposes.  They can have separate landlords, FSA numbers, etc.  Then combine them into a 160 acre SuperField.   That's what you'll select for data logging.  And then, the desktop software will carve up the operations performed on the SuperField into the member business fields.   Works quite well.

As I understand it, you will be able to control and/or log the Raven 440 along with controlling and/or logging your planter data.    I can't test that on our 2600 because I don't have a planter to hook into Cry, but some of our other customers tell us this is working this year.

You have already done most of your setup in EASi Suite.  It is about 4 mouse clicks and 2 minutes to export all of that info to your GS2.   Sure beats doing it in the field.

Download the latest FODM and GS2 FODD components from our FODD Updates page before you do the export.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)