AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Startup Problems with EZ-Guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/10/2007 06:05 (#133853 - in reply to #133664)
Subject: RE: Startup Problems with EZ-Guide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mike - thanks for the reply. I don't know if I should be happy or sad that you are experiencing the same problem. If it is a wiring problem we both have it. I feel my wiring is good as it was the source for the previous EZ-Guide+ and EZ-Steer system which had no power problems. It seems that our experiences are almost identical.

The first time this happened, I removed the 500 and put it in my truck with the supplied lighter cable. It fired right up. I then returned it to the tractor and everything was fine.

I did notice one time that the unit was apparently ON but extremely dim. So dim that you couldn't read the screen. One other time when I thought it hadn't started, I switched off the power with the toggle switch and noticed that the LEDs started walking in from the ends like is seen in a normal shutdown. The next time I powered up, the unit came to life.

I guess I could leave the unit ON overnight when we getting into using it until a solution appears.

Concerning the decals on the buttons, mine came via the Trimble route, others that I have seen came via the Ag Leader route. None of them have markings on the buttons including the Company Rep's unit that we used at a Farm Show.

I did notice that those units that came via Ag Leader included a Jumpdrive while mine through Trimble did not. I now believe this was not a mistake but that Ag Leader includes the Jumpdrive when they repackage the kit and throw on their stickers. Jumpdrives are not expensive and I have several for music but another one would have been nice to get.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)