AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 11/16/2010 03:25 (#1438134)
Subject: Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
I just read story of Timothy Leatherman, man behind Leatherman tool. He came up whit this idea during his travels in Europe and Middle East because his rental Fiat 600 broke down 1975... You wouldn't ever believe, but he had hard times to sell product or idea many years. It is interesting story and many of us have that handy tool.

There is one one problem whit Leatherman that I have never figured out: No wine bottle opener. Last time when I looked, they didn't have any models whit wine bottle openers. Now this is MAJOR issue... Mister Leatherman is from Oregon, so there is plenty of wineryes there, so why not?

Swiss knives almoust always have bottle opener and even that I personally like pliers more, but why don't Leatherman have wine bottle opener?

Okey....sure we are of from farming season to deal whit major issues like this....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rodrod5
Posted 11/16/2010 04:39 (#1438140 - in reply to #1438134)
Subject: Re: Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?

Lubbock, Texas
you can always just smash the cork down into the bottle with the leatherman

:)
wood
Posted 11/16/2010 06:37 (#1438176 - in reply to #1438140)
Subject: Re: Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?

Kent County Ontario
I have had a Leatherman for years and would be lost with out it. I have broke tools off and worn out the pliers. Packed the thing into a box, sent it back to the company and they fix it.
As far as a cork screw, I don't need it. I am usually dirty and don't smell the greatest when I am wearing it. So the wine isn't going to help until I get in the house and cleaned up
Pofarmer
Posted 11/16/2010 07:24 (#1438213 - in reply to #1438134)

You can use the screwdriver to drive a large wood screw into it, and the pliers to pull it out.
pudding
Posted 11/16/2010 08:16 (#1438325 - in reply to #1438134)

Somewhereville, Earth
ya but the swiss never had a army, i imagine if they did, and it was issues to the swiss army, they wouldn't have a bottle opener lol

i got a gerber this time, i like the gooober knife

leathermans largest target market is the US, and most you guys drink from a can or bottle with twist top lid, i imagine if you are of the few that need a cork screw, you probably got one on ya key ring of every vehicle you own, and one under the seat incase the first one fails lol

same thing goes for the bottle opener bit lol. if you smack the lid in a upward direction with a spatular, you can open glass bottles with out a bottle opener, or lean it on the side of a steel bench

imagine what mcGiver could have done if he had a leatherman..

Edited by pudding 11/16/2010 08:20
ge jr
Posted 11/16/2010 09:09 (#1438431 - in reply to #1438325)

algona iowa
I have us.ed the handle to push the cork thru many times for my wife most of the time you will not need to cork it again.
WillB
Posted 11/16/2010 09:22 (#1438445 - in reply to #1438134)
Subject: RE: Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?

Ontario Canada
Traveling Man - 11/16/2010 03:25

I just read story of Timothy Leatherman, man behind Leatherman tool. He came up whit this idea during his travels in Europe and Middle East because his rental Fiat 600 broke down 1975... You wouldn't ever believe, but he had hard times to sell product or idea many years. It is interesting story and many of us have that handy tool.

There is one one problem whit Leatherman that I have never figured out: No wine bottle opener. Last time when I looked, they didn't have any models whit wine bottle openers. Now this is MAJOR issue... Mister Leatherman is from Oregon, so there is plenty of wineryes there, so why not?

Swiss knives almoust always have bottle opener and even that I personally like pliers more, but why don't Leatherman have wine bottle opener?

Okey....sure we are of from farming season to deal whit major issues like this....

Wine is not necessary for survival.
Chad H
Posted 11/16/2010 09:28 (#1438455 - in reply to #1438134)

NE SD
Whiskey.
Pofarmer
Posted 11/16/2010 09:40 (#1438479 - in reply to #1438431)

"most of the time you will not need to cork it again."

Now, that's funny stuff right there.
flyinfarmer
Posted 11/16/2010 09:55 (#1438499 - in reply to #1438176)

NE Iowa
I'll second that - Leatherman has been great at standing behind their product. I bought a Super Tool almost 15 yrs ago. I sent it in once as the wire cutting edge broke, and a couple weeks later a complete new Super Tool arrived. I sent that in a couple years ago (don't recall the problem) and once again got a complete replacement. This time it was a Surge, as the Super Tool was out of production. Initial cost is kind of high, but they have definitely delivered customer satisfaction in how they backed their product.
Jorn
Posted 11/16/2010 10:48 (#1438594 - in reply to #1438325)

Denmark
Hello Pudding.

My b.i.l. used to be in a group in the army involved in selecting equipment ranging from sunglasses to vehicles and ammo.

Told me they once selected knives for issue to the soldiers. They chose the Swiss army knives. The ones for the officers had the corkscrew and the ones for the rest of the men had a Philips screwdriver instead.
Cannot get everything, so you choose the most important, I guess!

Jorn
Woodbeef
Posted 11/16/2010 13:07 (#1438727 - in reply to #1438325)

Badlands of Alberta
Yup,like Pudds says..................I only drink wine from bottles with screw off caps,quite a bit of beer that way too! So why have a useless corkscrew,when it could be something more useful instead?
conservation cop
Posted 11/16/2010 14:16 (#1438795 - in reply to #1438134)
Subject: RE: Leatherman tool, lack of the wine bottle opener. How do you survive? Box wine?

Gettysburg, PA
Real easy solution: DRINK BEER!!Laughing
Jon Hagen
Posted 11/16/2010 18:29 (#1439041 - in reply to #1438134)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
This free promtion gift takes care of most needs. I do miss the needle nose pliars in the China clone leatherman type tool ( Me too cheap to buy a real Leatherman tool ;-)

(corkscrew.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments corkscrew.jpg (50KB - 109 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)