AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autoseed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/10/2007 06:18 (#133859 - in reply to #133607)
Subject: Concerning 252 Hardware Update

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My understanding is that certain 252's were included in a free hardware update.

I know for a fact that at least some 252's were included as we have sent some in. I just worked with a customer's unit last week after a return with the update that was in that situation. I needed to reset his settings and call Omnistar for a reactivation "hit" as this is usually lost after a hardware or firmware update.

I believe there is a serial number break where those before are affected and those after are not.

Concerning the firmware version in the autopilot, I used Flashloader 200 to update to the current Version 4.40 to my autopilot with 332 in one tractor.

My other tractor with autopilot uses the new EZ-Guide 500 as the interface. This autopilot apparently requires Version 4.41 when used with the EZ-Guide 500. Even though they came in the same shipment under the same order, apparently the autopilot needed to be changed to Version 4.41 (It came with 4.40).

Since the file name for V 4.41 includes the phrase (for EZ-Guide 500), I assume that V 4.41 is not designed for use with anything but the EZ-Guide 500 and that other receivers (252,332 etc.) should stay with V 4.40.

Someone please correct or confirm the above statement.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)