AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-GUIDE 500 CAN'T SET A-B LINE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/5/2007 21:30 (#131771 - in reply to #131638)
Subject: Thought the same thing

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In my limited road trials, I saw the same thing, keep driving until the B ICON appears, Push OK at any time after that and the AB line is established.

Although the screen says to wait for 160' to pass, it seemed like I had to drive considerably futher. The message to drive the 160' seems to be overidden by the AB not established message. My advice: keep driving.

The first couple of times, I pushed the OK button when I felt that I should have been able to pick the "B" point. Since the "B" Icon was not yet available (apparently I hadn't driven far enough), the "A" Icon was still selected. This resulted in resetting the "A" point which meant I would have to drive yet another 160'.

I thought there was some mistake and tried the A+ pattern where you define the Heading in Degrees and then pick the "A" point. The reference line is created almost instantly after the "A" point is picked and Assisted Steering is available right away.

After success with the A+ pattern, I went back to try the AB pattern. This did work everytime as long as I waited until the "B" Icon appeared. It will automatically be selected so just wait until it appears and then push OK.

This was road testing only as it is not fit to be in the field here yet. This testing was done with a 500 running with WAAS and Autopilot. I assume my experiences would be true for an EZ-Steer also.

Edited by tedbear 4/6/2007 04:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)