AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere imp switch?.....from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/3/2007 05:42 (#130067 - in reply to #129992)
Subject: RE: Deere imp switch?.....from below

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree completely with John. Think of all the investement you have and how important planting is. With the investment in your tractor, planter, seed etc, the cost of an another switch is really nothing.

Using the original switch is probably possible with the use of a relay etc. Maybe the relay is not even needed. However in most cases it is simply safer and easier to use another switch.

Generally we use a 10-15' two wire extension for the tractor which connects to a 40-50' extension that stays with the planter. This means that you have a disconnect point somewhere in the vicinity of the hitch.

The connection in the tractor is a three pole weatherpak with only Pins A & B being needed. Pin C is a ground which is not used with the Deere Switch. The first section of the extension to go out of the tractor has a three pole WP shroud with hole "C" plugged. The other end is a two pole WP tower. The polarity is not important.

The second extension has a two pole WP shroud on one end and a two pole WP tower on the other to connect to the Deere Switch. The Ag Leader setup is "REVERSED". Some slight adjustment of the switch position may be necessary.

Edited by tedbear 4/3/2007 05:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)