AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Foot Engage Switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2007 09:32 (#129082 - in reply to #129076)
Subject: Re: Trimble Foot Engage Switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We buy a generic foot switch and wire it ourselves for both EZ-Steer and Autopilot. It is the same foot switch in both cases.

As has been stated it is wired into an Autopilot harness per the instructions given in the Installation manual or above. I can't figure out why the instructions refer to a third wire for a foot switch but only two for a hand switch. In both cases, a momentary switch must be used. Engagement takes place when the switch is released not when it is engaged. Our foot switch only used two wires.

This same foot switch is used with an EZ-Steer system. On the EZ-Steer it goes to the 25 Pin connector that is often not used on the Steering Control Module. It is also possible to wire in an Alarm into the 25 pin connector. I don't have the pinout at home but it is written down at work.

I use a momentary rocker switch on my 8120 with autopilot. It is mounted in one of the spare knockouts in the Command Arm. I believe the timing mentioned above is correct. If you push the button and release it instantly you won't engage. If you push the button and release it more slowly then you will engage. If you hold the button for more than 4 seconds, engagement won't take place either. I assume this "timeout" feature is for safety reasons.

I had EZ-Steer with an EZ-Guide+ in the 8310. I used the remote keypad attached to the side of the Command Arm with velcro on this tractor. The Engage button was on the keypad and quite handy so I didn't bother with a foot switch. I have now removed this system and am installing an EZ-Guide 500 with Autopilot. Here again I plan on using the keypad to Engage. I assume the same foot switch to the autopilot harness would work in this setup also should I care to go that route.

Personally I prefer a switch activated with my hands over my feet. Mainly what you get used to I guess.

Edited by tedbear 4/1/2007 09:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)