AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Silva, Bush to Talk Trade and Ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ron ESD
Posted 4/2/2007 16:01 (#129787 - in reply to #129586)
Subject: RE: good post Ron....I would add

jde.....Yes we found lots of enthusiasm with the prospects for more ethanol. We spent most of our time in central Goias, near Goiania. We did
visit a brand new plant in southern Goias, and an older one North of Goiania. We also visited Palma, Tocantins and a 400,000 acre ranch
in NE Matto Grosso. We were hired to examine the economic viability of locating a corn ethanol facility near a very large feedlot. As I said
in my earlier post, when you really compare what they are doing with Cane ethanol (their energy efficiency by burning residue) and compare that to a corn ethanol model and using 1/2 of the corn stalk residue to feed the boilers for heat and electrical generation, the efficiency of the
two feedstocks for ethanol production is nearly the same. It will take more Nitrogen to produce two corn crops in one year, but you also get
a lot of protein in the Distillers grains from the corn system, vs none in the Cane system.

I assume that you have been to Brazil or have close contacts there? What else can you share about Brazil and Ethanol?

Ron ESD
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)