AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why would USDA Fight this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 4/3/2007 14:45 (#130276 - in reply to #128419)
Subject: RE: Why would USDA Fight this?

Colby, Kansas

Wheat Farmer,

I think that the USDA has a valid argument, we want to convince the rest of the world in sound science, which current methods are based on. So why should we let this one operation create a defacto standard that has no scientific basis, it’s just marketing BS. And no costs are ever "self-absorbed" if people believe that I'm afraid they are naive. Catering to Japans unrealistic and unscientific demands will only result in short term gains, and if we give in on this one leaving sound science by the side that will just lead to more and more political games and less truth.

The best analogy I can think of is being interviewed for a crime your innocent of but you answer no questions to the police and demand a lawyer, rather your innocent or guilty is irrelevant, you still look guilty.

Believe me I'm a proponent of business owners rights (don't get me started on smoking bans) however it’s the USDA's responsibility to protect the interest of the industry against a small group that could undermine it with a political/marketing appeasement game. This is definitely one of many industry issues my brother, father, and I can have heated debates about.

Best Regards,

Lucas Haag

Edited by LHaag 4/3/2007 14:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)