AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BOILER ROOM?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 9/7/2010 09:45 (#1349892 - in reply to #1349707)
Subject: RE: BOILER ROOM?

Iowa

As I understand some are no longer allowed access to the boiler room, but are free to post elsewhere.  Of those who are currently not allowed, some could be given access again as time allows more consideration by the site management.  It's also possible that others are no longer posting because they do not like the policy change, so one cannot really assume someone was kicked out because he or she is no longer posting there.  I would imagine some could have been inadverntly booted, hence the additional review from the site management.  That sort of thing could take a lot of time.

It looks to me like some (Edit again: some, but not all) of the trolls are gone, but so are some of the well informed posters who were actually doing things in the real world rather than just talking about it.  I'll miss some of those folks.  They said things I wanted to say, only better.   They also found the time to hang around and defend their positions.  I'm thinking of posters like Paul Butler and Don Kraft.  (Edit: Hope you guys don't mind me  using your names as examples.) Their back and fourth arguements were some good stuff.  I don't hold Don in as high of regard as some, but he did have a certain amount of class.  I even learned a thing or two from Don's perspective as a renter and landlord.  I think Paul and others showed a lot of class as well given the somewhat heated exchanges.  As I understand, Don left the board on his own several months ago.  I've noticed a lack of posts from Paul and others in the boiler room since the recent change, but will not speculate about why they are not there.  Like I said, they could have left by their own choice.       

I saw a value in the discussion in the boiler room.  The things discussed on the other boards are very good and useful in our daily life, but some issues discussed in the boiler room are bigger and could someday overwhelm what goes on in our daily life as we know it.

Edited by tigger 9/7/2010 20:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)