AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting marketing article: Why Farmers Lose In Markets?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IL_no_till
Posted 3/26/2007 22:50 (#126154 - in reply to #126135)
Subject: ouch

Central IL
I still have deep bruises in my backside from kicking myself when looking hindsight. That said, I have no experience with a "Pro" just my own VERY novice and have ended up above the 50% mark. I keep shooting for closer to the top. I sold what I feel is too much too soon last year at around 2.70 avg. (thinking I'd add another .25 to .45 LDP) After those contracts were filled I sold at 3.60 with no storage to 3.99 with storage. I meant to have a meager amount left by now, but still have about 18% left.

I'm sitting on the side now and waiting for April or July scare.

Most marketing folks seem to be the same as other services (not priced by the acre) putting them WAY out of my range.

I have sold a small percentage of beans forward around 7.50. (sold too soon, but best beans 2 years ago were 6.04 minus storeage) Am holding for way more to sell more.

I'm no pro but continue to try and learn. Hard to learn when prices go up at harvest when the harvest is coming in above speculation.

Interesting to go back and look at the "Pros" comments on open and close and move them back a day or week and they match the market. Put them right on top of the market and they're WAY off. Same as the rest of us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)