AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blinking light on Pivots
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

muddrunner
Posted 9/2/2010 22:13 (#1344249)
Subject: Blinking light on Pivots

Westphalia Texas [central texas]
Made a trip to plainview tx last night and finally made it at about 4:30 ,took 400 into the east of plainview, are they for something other than to know where it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LUCKY13
Posted 9/2/2010 22:17 (#1344261 - in reply to #1344249)
Subject: RE: Blinking light on Pivots

NW Kansas
It comes on when the end tower moves so you can see if it is running.
muddrunner
Posted 9/2/2010 22:18 (#1344267 - in reply to #1344261)
Subject: Re: Blinking light on Pivots

Westphalia Texas [central texas]
Learn somthing everyday.
Mike SE IL
Posted 9/2/2010 22:22 (#1344282 - in reply to #1344249)

West Union, Illinois
Seems like most new pivots have a strobe light at the pivot.  I kind of like the plain old lamp, it makes it easier to see when checking things in the dark.  Many now have a light on the end tower to show when the motor is running.  I enjoy that feature as well.
jkseed76
Posted 9/2/2010 22:23 (#1344289 - in reply to #1344249)

central mn
On ours we usually have two lights per pivot one at the centerpivot to show pivot and pump are on so light is on steady the other on the last tower, light on only when it is moving, example pivot set at 25%, light on 25% of the time off for 75%.
WTXCottonguy
Posted 9/2/2010 23:40 (#1344474 - in reply to #1344249)

Lorenzo, tx
they started with just a plain light bulb. then one guy wen to a yellow light so he could tell his apart. then the next guy got a blue strobe then the next got a yellow strobe then the next got a yellow the blinks 3 times. just kinda got outta hand ha
cocodrie
Posted 9/3/2010 08:23 (#1344753 - in reply to #1344474)

Mississippi Delta
Was going through Nebraska a few years ago on the way to combine plant in Grand Island and it was LATE at night. Topped a hill running about 95 mph and saw a blue strobe on a pivot. There were 3 van loads of us Mississippi boys and we almost wrecked all 3 vans trying to slow down. No doubt that farmer had some fun during the summer watching passerbys at night!
semosandfarmer
Posted 9/3/2010 08:43 (#1344786 - in reply to #1344249)

East Prairie, MO
I have both but prefer the lamps on both ends work solid, easier to find the end without waiting for it to move, and if it's not moving (shutdown) then they are all going to be off anyway. One of mine has strobes and I like them ok too but not as bright as a regular bulb so can't see it from as far away.
tmrand
Posted 9/3/2010 09:51 (#1344887 - in reply to #1344249)

Southeast Colorado
Most around here have the strobes on the pivot to let you know the machine is still walking. It's a nice feature since you don't have to go to the pivot and make sure it is still operating correctly. Some have the end tower light that comes on when the end tower is acutally walking but a lot of people don't even bother changing the bulb when it burns out. The blinking strobe will tell you all you need to know. Certain areas of the country have an amazing amount of those blinking lights. Pretty cool at night to drive by. Highway 287 north of Amarillo around Dumas,TX is just amazing at night. The combination of what seems like thousands of those strobes and the ability to see 50 miles every direction you look adds up to quite the spectacle.
Virginia Veg.
Posted 9/3/2010 22:40 (#1345738 - in reply to #1344249)

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
I don't like the on/off lights, they burn out quick. Ours stay on constant on the safety circuit. We put blue lights at the pivot point, and white on the end tower so we can tell the orientation at night.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)