AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New comments re: Autofarm RighTrac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johmur
Posted 3/22/2007 09:39 (#123712)
Subject: New comments re: Autofarm RighTrac

Please don't solely rely on anything I might contribute!!!!!!
Yesterday we took the leap to a RighTrac system; which is to arrive in about a week. The radios are programmable; around the 915 MHz band with about 5 km range maybe double that if you opt for the choice of a better antenna and cable instead of the tripod mounted aerial system.
I think Auto farm is saying " do you want a tripod included or do you prefer the accessories to mount a better aerial on your tower") The system appears to have some very innovative features (eg. dual antenna system as a way to address antenna movement as tractor varies from a 'level' position. I think the system is based on Linux operating system; which is very interesting in itself).
It is also most appealing to see a company recognize that a business doesn't make anything if they can't sell units for ridiculously high prices. If these work well and they get base units deployed; it will only get easier for neighbors to get really affordable, very high accuracy and repeatable positioning data. A base unit can certainly serve any other rover units that are within range of the radios and the carrier phase frequency limitations under RTK.
I was told by a JD rep that they have no RTK systems in Sask. A large JD dealer in ND said they have not yet sold an RTK unit in the state. I am also told that Autofarm has two near Saskatoon and I know of another one for sure. I predict that the other companies will struggle even more to sell their 'first' RTK units in dry land country. Of course the acid test lies in how the RighTrac performs under field conditions.
There's lots to share; so please don't just read comments. Share your experiences !!!

Edited by johmur 3/22/2007 09:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)