AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/22/2007 06:42 (#123607 - in reply to #123219)
Subject: Re: Trimble....JD??

Chebanse, IL.....

Are you saying JD does NOT have direct telephone support for PF stuff anymore? If so, I didn't realize that.

I'll admit to using AgLeader telephone support fairly often. They're a great bunch of people. If they're busy, they'll call you back. They also acknowledge & answer email.

I once made the mistake of calling JD directly @ tractor factory. We bought a new 4555 w/radar installed. We were on 30" row centers. I forget the operation we were doing, but I realized the dealer installed radar in the factory provided site was actually reading the rotation of the left rear tire rather than the ground. I didn't think that was best & thought radar should be moved since if tractor was standing still & spinning, radar would still read rotation of tire, but I wasn't sure about mounting angle etc. Dealer had NO idea what I was talking about, radars were still fairly new. I called factory & got hooked up w/one of the engineers. He called back & said I was right, the bracket & position was set up for a tractor set out for wider rows, or just tillage ops. That night I got a very scolding phone call @ my home from our "block man". "Don't EVER do that again!!!!" He & I exchanged words. We did NOT agree to disagree or whatever the give-up slogan is now.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 3/22/2007 06:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)