AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I NEED HELP FAST, ATTN. JD AUTO TRAC USERS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 3/21/2007 00:11 (#122970 - in reply to #122888)
Subject: Re: I NEED HELP FAST, ATTN. JD AUTO TRAC USERS

Grand Rapids, MI
I am glad someone posted with some experience with the RightTrac system. I looked into this and the deere system as options for a couple clients of mine. Bottom line, if you can get line of sight mounting an antenna on a pole, etc. with a fixed base station would probably be your best bet. Otherwise you will have to get out and set the base station on a fixed mounting post as you enter the field, which sounds like it could be a problem for your knees. It is 3" repeatable a week, month, year later. Comes with a color screen that will do coverage maps (shapefile xfer by USB key) that is actually a WAAS reciever on its own.

Looks like a really nice system for a very good price point. The way I was pricing it, if you figured in the present value of 5 years of SF2 signal, they could buy the RighTrac PLUS a GS2 monitor for their combine and still came out $2,500 ahead compared to buying the Deere GS2+SF2+Autotrac universal system.

When we started talking about repeatability though I think the real kicker was they asked if they saved the line in the GS2 how accurate it would be if they came back. I had to tell them that the GS2 currently cannot save lines from operation to operation since we typically change the setup on the card between operations. Deere has promised this since last summer. I am told it is about a two day fix if they wanted to do it, but it has been "on the list" since last summer with an indefinate completion date.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)