AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

99guy
Posted 3/20/2007 00:08 (#122472 - in reply to #122432)
Subject: Re: Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?

North Central MO
I used waas EZ steer last year for first time, learned more throughout the year, and been through a couple of firmware updates to date. I don’t think you should expect to throw one in and have it work “plug and play” so to speak.

I rowed 30” beans straight guidance last spring and although it was not perfect I never experienced a 3 foot offline as mentioned above. My experience was that it did a better job of driving than I did, especially in no till and or at night in conditions that a marker is difficult to see, takes a lot of stress off, allows more time to monitor what’s going on behind the tractor. Since then have used it for other tillage, will do NH3 with it tomorrow (maybe), will run it in the sprayer this year, and will plant corn with it this year (corn head matches planter).

As for the original post in this thread concerning pivots ….. I’m not so sure. I had disastrous results with the original firmware trying to do curves (not tried curves much with the updates yet). Eventually I gave that up and just use it straight line. I would say the 3’ offline can happen pretty quick in curved guidance (never tried pivot guidance either).

The markers will stay on the planter here but 95% of the time they won’t be in the ground ….. and I don’t expect it to handle curves. I can’t justify taking the RTK leap price wise and am more than happy with what I have, worth every penny … just know the limitations and work within those confines. My .02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)