AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 3/19/2007 14:00 (#122215 - in reply to #122210)
Subject: Re: Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?

East Central, Nebraska
really i think it comes down to personal opinion, i really think that when it is on it is on consistantly and off consistently. The day i first got my system it was awesome i had a NH3 toolbar on, not putting on anhydrous but just to made a clear mark and try to turn around and repeat it. It was so great, that day for an hour i went back and forth making a few rounds and going back over them and i don't remember being more exited or amazed that day with ag technology.

Then i started planting an i went from one extreme to the other. Lets just say i was very angry at the 6-8'' gaurentee that i thought i was supposed to get and leave it at that. The rest of the year all i did with it was set my A & B points and then let it drive me a straight line with my markers down. Once and a while after dark i would just let it run and hope for the best in the fall but it was something i definatly couldn't rely on. And when i am giving my testimonial lets make it really clear that i was running on flat quarter section pieces of ground with no trees. And when i say flat i mean you can stand at the lowpoints and see 10 miles.

Hopefully i will have better luck this year with omni-star. Does anyone have any comments on that. I run a 16row planter on 30'' inch rows and WAAS wasn't for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)