AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 3/19/2007 11:41 (#122167 - in reply to #121661)
Subject: Re: Just what does +/- 6-8" accuracy mean?

Soutwest Ks.
Lance: Driving by a field and observing it at 55-60 mph doesn't really tell you much about accuracy. The rows will very likely appear to be straight and fairly consistent, however if you were to stop and actually take a tape measure out there and start measuring quess rows, my quess is that you would be surprised at the variance. One of the frustrating things with WAAS is the lack of day to day and hour to hour consistency. It might work almost perfect for 4 hours and then goof up big time for an hour and then be accurate again. If there is a way to keep tab on accuracy, ie markers and shift track when the signal drifts, I think most operators could reach a tolerable level of accuracy, but remember it takes patience and vigilance and understanding of capabilities of the system. You might actually be one of the few that can make it work well with only WAASS, but monitoring discussions that have been held on this forum and others with some of my own experience makes me believe there is a tremendous variability in consistency and most are finally concluding that WASS just don't quite cut it for row crop work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)