AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical Connectors To Replace Lighter 12 V
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2007 09:04 (#121601 - in reply to #121519)
Subject: Re: Electrical Connectors To Replace Lighter 12 V

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have to agree on the weatherpak connectors. They are easy to work with and are readily available. The "Standard" in our shop is that the source is a two pole weatherpak tower with "A" being 12 Volts and "B" being Ground. We wire almost everything that leaves our shop this way.

We have made different types of multi-weather pak harnesses where a single source is split up into several of these weatherpak branches. The source end can be the good quality but high priced AMP three pole connectors found in most modern tractors. In these multi-branch harnesses we wire some of the plugs "switched = orange wire" and "hot = red wire".

We also have made up some lighter plugs with the weather pak ends. When everything is "standardized" it is easy for us and our customers to swap things around. It is also very easy to install something temporarily for testing purposes.

I have seen cases where our customers have used the 110 AC type connectors. Although they are readily available this idea makes me shudder.

Edited by tedbear 3/18/2007 09:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)