AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK...Line of sight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 3/17/2007 19:07 (#121359)
Subject: RTK...Line of sight?

South Georgia
All the talk I hear about RTK is that it only works line-of-sight between the base station and the tractor, and that it flat can't penetrate trees. I'm getting more and more interested all the time, except that this line-of-sight stuff is a bigger obstacle than the 'six-mile' or whatever range. I'm in south Georgia, and we've got more trees than fields here. My fields are all within a six mile radius, but I've got some individual fields that the base station would have to be moved two or three times to stay line-of-sight. How are all the rest of you RTK folks doing all this? Y'all got no trees at all? I just don't think I understand, because I just flat don't see how it can work here.

Please enlighten me.

Adrian

edit: This is a map from last year off of my Envisio. This is not an atypical field here. Twenty-five acres, bordered on all sides with trees, including the little 'fingers' that reach out into the field. We have another hundred acres within 3/4 miles of this one, that to keep the base station line-of-sight to the tractor would take at least three or four moves. For reference, the swath width on the map is sixty feet.

Edited by Adrian 3/17/2007 19:25

(field map.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments field map.JPG (69KB - 210 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)