AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZGuide/Steer GPS speed T setup ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/1/2006 07:20 (#9143 - in reply to #9094)
Subject: RE: EZGuide/Steer GPS speed T setup ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don - the problem that was found was not with wires but the Hydraulic Load Sense line.

In this setup, Pressure to the Trimble valve is taken from the "P" port and oil is returned to "R" port which are both below the SCV stack of the tractor. The Left output from the Trimble valve tees into the Deere Left steering line at the orbital. Likewise the Right output from the Trimble valve tees into the Deere Right steering line at the orbital.

There is one more small line. This is the Load Sense line. My understanding is that the purpose of this line is to quickly ramp up the Hydraulic system when there is some type of demand. Each SCV uses an internal Load Sense line so that whenever an SCV is activated, the hydraulic system is ramped up. Since the Trimble valve is getting "its source" from the Pressure or "Power Beyond" port, the Hydraulic system would not be ramped up for the steering demands via the auto valve. Thus there is need for this extra small line to provide "Load Sense" to the system.

Trimble decided to feed this line back in at the top of the hydraulic stack of SCVs. There are diagnositc ports there for testing purposes I believe. Our mistake was hooking into the wrong one.

So instead of pressure from the Trimble valves ramping up the system, somewhat the reverse happened. Oil under pressure was backfed so to speak and entered the Trimble valve which we believe ultimately ended up at the orbital and moved the wheels. This might also explain why the wandering problem was worse with the Vacuum engaged on the planter. With the vacuum engaged, the normal load sense line will ramp up the hydraulic system thus making even more pressure on the pressure port which was incorrectly hooked to the Trimble valve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)