AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRFM9 - Saga continues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2006 07:36 (#9650 - in reply to #9397)
Subject: RE: New Radio...universal brackets?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The radio has a two types of brackets. Because the Deere enclosure was made to "standard", the radio slipped right in. The mounting was especially easy since the Deere enclosure is completely removable.

I just removed the previous radio (a Sony I had installed) by bending in the retaining tabs. I then inserted the new radio and bent outward the proper retaining tabs. There is also a support for the rear of the radio. The radio actually has a sleeve for these tabs so the radio can be removed with some "tools" that trip some tabs (they give you these tools but I won't need them).

The wiring harness is not plug and play at least in my case since Sony used a different connector. I transferred wire by wire to the new harness. It was actually a bit confusing since Sony used some of the same color wires but not always for the same purpose.

I connected the back light wire to the switched power wire which means that the back light is at full intensity at all times. It might be desirable to put a dimmer pot in this line to allow external dimming. They assume this will be done via the dash lights.

The volume control is a knob which I like. The previous Sony had Up/Down buttons which were hard to hit when bouncing around in the field. The radio has a BEEP ON/OFF selection. With it ON, you get a Beep each time you make a change in Volume, Station etc.

Edited by tedbear 5/3/2006 07:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)