AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRFM9 - Saga continues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2006 13:36 (#8665)
Subject: VRFM9 - Saga continues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I posted earlier about my purchase of the VRFM9 MP3 player. This is the one with the swivel head that can use either USB jumpdrives or SD memory cards.

I have been using the other model that uses the jumpdrives only. I purchased one of these at Wal-Mart and found that my Jumpdrives were not recognized. I put some MP3s on my camera SD card and it worked fine.

Thinking that I got a bad one, I took it back to WM and got another. The results were the same SD card works, jumpdrives do not.

I then called the help line and asked for help thinking that it was something I was doing wrong. He took my name and address and said he would send me a new unit. I asked about returning the old unit and he said this wasn't necessary. I asked if this was a known problem and he said he hadn't heard of it before.

I was really rather doubtful that I would receive another unit through the mail. I returned the second unit to WM and got a refund.

Friday a new VRFM9 showed up at the house. The packaging was a bit different but the results are exactly the same.

Once again I called the help line. The same guy answered and I told him my story. He said he had no knowledge of the situation but that an engineer would call me. They have not called as of yet.

So here I am with a free unit that works fine with the SD cards but not the jumpdrives. I really shouldn't complain but there is something simple that I am doing wrong.

The directions say to format with FAT or FAT32. I did this with two different brands of jumpdrives and put some music on them. The drives work fine with the older players but are not recognized by the new one.

Surely someone has been successful in using jumpdrives with these units.

Thanks

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2006 13:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)