AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Implement switch for Insight with muilt product unlock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/30/2006 08:47 (#8861 - in reply to #8809)
Subject: RE: Implement switch for Insight with multi product unlock

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was not aware that a Raven serial controller was involved in your setup.

I believe that all your assumptions are correct. I have not setup this exact combination of equipment.

I have not tried this but is it possible to choose implement switch Reversed for the planting portion but chose None for the application (fertilizer part)? If this is possible this may be a solution for you.

I will attempt to build a configuration with this combination when I get a chance.

If not you may wish to continue in the current fashion with the implement switch not being utilized (It would be possible to use the Implement switch as an input to the Raven to turn ON/OFF the fertilizer automatically on the ends). With the Insight set to Implement switch - NONE, the map will appear as if planting was done on the ends unless you switch it off manually on each end (a pain). Even though the map would not be perfect, you would still have an indication of the varieties planted.

You could pursue your other idea as follows: Disconnect the serial cable from the Raven to to the App Rate module and change the configuration to indicate Flowmeter. You would need to splice into the Raven flowmeter cable. In this situation, the Raven would still be controlling/monitoring the fertilizer Rate but the flow information would also be getting to the App Rate module where the Insight would also monitor/log the information. Each box would do its own calculation for the rate.

To do this would involve teeing into the Raven flow cable. There are a variety of ways this could be done. A special tee could be made that would go in between the Raven console and the console cable (16 Pin Amp connectors). Another option would be a tee that would go between the flowmeter and the product cable.

Yet another method would be to remove socket #13 of the 16 pin console cable and splice on a single wire to it. Attach it to the proper pin of the three pole weatherpak coming from the Ag Leader App rate module. I believe it is Pin B (but this is from memory at the moment). You will only want to splice onto the signal wire. Let the Raven supply the +5V for the flowmeter (Ag Leader will put out 12V which in itself may cause problems with certain Raven flowmeters) and ground.

If you decide to go this way. My directions from the above post would apply.

You will be able to produce a .pdf report on the fertilizer application but not the planting portion. I have been successful with this. Be aware that a new report can be generated for each combination. For example in one field I planted three varieties but used 7-21-7 throughout. The system considers each variety as a separate operation (as far as the reports go). Therefore to get a complete history of the fertilizer for the field (in the report style), I had to create a report for Variety A, another for Variety B and a third for Variety C. This will not be a problem when the logged data is processed by SMS.

Edited by tedbear 4/30/2006 08:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)