AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

marketing club update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 2/25/2007 11:05 (#110713 - in reply to #110652)
Subject: Re: marketing club update

Callao, Missouri
Sorry, just realized I wasn't in the club...oh well, I'll jabber anyway..

We are trying corn on corn for the first time here, but it's not a significant amount of acres. I am a little over 30% sold for 07 corn, I started selling way back at 2.90, and have scaled up from there. I STILL HAVE NOT SOLD ANY $4 CORN!! Due to my faulty memory/management skills, I oversold 06 corn, I may even have to move a contract to new crop. I don't want to sell anymore 07 yet, because I believe that we haven't made it to the most volatile (sp) time of the year yet (Note I did NOT say seasonal price high).

Soybeans- I have not made a sale for 07 yet. 06 is contracted at prices well below what they are now. Probably should sell some 07 fairly soon. I think beans are the wild card/under valued commodity. Everyone is focusing on corn........beans are silently working up there. I've learned in the last few years that FUNDAMENTALS don't matter in the short run....... We could run out of beans tommorrow, AND be drowning in them by next week. $8 beans looks like it would work alright as a starting point for 07.

Wheat-- Geez, sold short again. 07 is sold, no plans for 08 yet. I think wheat could decline in value in relation to corn.

There we have it..... I sell too much too soon. Greed works on both ends of the marketing cycle.

Scott

Edited by NEMOScott 2/25/2007 11:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)