AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Regrets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MikeInFrance
Posted 2/27/2007 14:48 (#112005 - in reply to #111134)
Subject: RTK correction signals from networks

Alsace 47°52'46"N 7°24'30"E
Regarding RTK network technology, you should look into Trimble VRS

http://www.trimble.com/vrsnow_how.shtml

There is an upcomming RTK network in France too.
The way I understand it, from the base-station network, the RTK network comp can compute the correction signal you need and hence setup a virtual base station for you. All you have to do is then to receive this correction signal (via an internet link) and hand this signal over to your RTK antenna.

The cellular link is in fact a cellular internet link: you hook your cellular modem (it's sold as a black box in France, don't know elsewhere) to your RTK antenna like it was your radio link to your base station ... For those who have a fleet of vehicles that do not spread very far, they still can use the (quite expensive !) radio technology and use a broadband internet link at home to connect their radio sender to. The RTK network comp. will then setup a virtual base station for your internet receiver (hooked to your radio or cellular receiver hooked to your RTK antenna). You don't have to buy an expensive base station, but still need some transmitting technology that you can purchase or lease/rent and that can come pre-configured for you. The signal is provided (here in France) on an annual subscription.

I personally favor this technology over private base stations as I think that the correction is more stable due to the network: when the satelite constellation gets critical for your base station, it is not so for the other networked base stations.

My 0.02€

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)