AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping Capabilities of a YM2000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2007 21:52 (#109429 - in reply to #109402)
Subject: Re: Mapping Capabilities of a YM2000

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The YM2000 was a fine product but is dated. As has been mentioned it will work fine as a yield monitor. One of the drawbacks is that the YM2000 used SRAM memory cards to record the point by point yield data (quantity, moisture, location etc.).

These cards were about all that was available at the time the YM2000 was produced. The SRAM cards can be hard to obtain and modern operating systems (XP etc.) don't directly support them. Even on older operating systems such WIN 98 some lines had to be added to the Config.sys file to support the reading of the SRAM cards.

Some users utilize an older laptop running WIN 98 to read the contents of the memory cards and then transfer them to some other type of storage device (CD, Jumpdrive, etc.). They then read the files into their more modern computer for production of the Summaries and Yield Maps.

The YM2000 was all text based and did not provide any type of on screen mapping. With that all being said, the yield data gathered by the YM2000 could be very useful and really is probably as accurate as the more modern units since the underlying algorithms are essentially the same.

Concerning the EZ-Guide 500, We too are waiting for a shipment. It seems commonplace for companies to advertise their products before they are really ready to ship. From a production standpoint (labor and facilities), I suppose the company wants to get a stable market established rather than make a large batch and then layoff people.

Edited by tedbear 2/22/2007 21:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)