AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS out to NEMA on 8430T
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

disker
Posted 2/24/2007 09:11 (#110137 - in reply to #109405)
Subject: Re: GPS out to NEMA on 8430T

Alberta
Hi,
Sounds like you have figured it out. I have struggled with the same issues for the last couple of years and I thought I might just mention what I have seen. On our JD 4wd 9300 the wires to take the gps signal down to the cab were in the harness(universal harness from JD) but they were folded back a couple of inches at the receiver end and then at the display end. I just had to unfold them, add a pin to the end and plug them in to the connector. Now on the combines 50 and 60 series sts over the last couple of years no such luck, no wires folded back so I had to lift the roof and install a wire. My receivers are the older SF's, before ITC so I added a terrain comp to one, that also changes things a bit because you go from one size plug at the receiver to a diff plug, and now with the new displays a diff plug again. Glad to hear you got it working, one thing to note about the signal, on the new ITC receivers, if you let them go on SF1 signal I don't think you will get nema. On the older receivers, even with the terrain comp added you can get nema with SF1, ITC receivers you have to go to SF2. At least that is how it was last fall.
Later
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)