AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SST Summit and NAIP Ortho Imagery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 2/18/2007 11:11 (#106916 - in reply to #106649)
Subject: Re: SST Summit and NAIP Ortho Imagery

No Problem:

The following is an email response I got from Rick at SST Support in response to a question I emailed to SST detailing the fact that after getting the 2006 NAIP Ortho Imagery downloaded, for some reason SUMMIT would not "read" the SID file and thus would not open the Imagery:

Sorry for the inconvenience. The GIS engine that we are currently using in SST Summit does not support the use of JPEG2000 files, and therefore does not support the new Mr SID files (that use JPEG2000). We are currently in the process of re-writing the GIS in Summit and should have a version out in August that supports JPEG2000. Until that time, there is a work-around….If you go to http://www.lizardtech.com/download/files/win/expressview/webinstall... you can download and install a free Mr SID viewer that will let you open the Mr SID files in Internet Explorer, zoom to your farm and then export them as TIF files. These GeoTIFs can then be imported into Summit. The only drawback is you may lose some detail. The file I tried went from 1m to 2 meter resolution but give it a try and see how it goes. Here are the steps.

Go to http://www.lizardtech.com/download/files/win/expressview/webinstall... and install the ExpressView Browser Plug-in
In Window Explorer browse to the location of the SID file and right-click on it and select Open WithàInternet Explorer. This should open the image in your browser using the ExpressView Plug-in.
Select the Zoom tool in the top left corner and zoom to your farm or field.
Right click on the image and select the “Save as….” option. Select the save as type TIF with TFW. Now you have a GeoTIF that can be imported into Summit.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions with this process, please give me a call and I will walk you through it.

Thanks.

Rick Mahar

SST Tech Support

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)