AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does this happen to your Appl. with AgLeader 3000?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/28/2006 07:27 (#8318 - in reply to #7944)
Subject: Re: Does this happen to your Appl. with AgLeader 3000?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My experience with communication between an Ag Leader PF3000 and a third party controller has been limited to Raven Products.

For the two way communication to work (Ag Leader sends new rates to controller and controller reports what it is doing to the Ag Leader), certain things must be correct.

1) the correct cable must be used. There are two serial cables available from Ag Leader (basically one is for Raven and Big John and the other is for everyone else).

2) At least on a Raven controller, 4 things need to be setup properly a) BAUD Rate 9600, b) output set to SEConds c) output rate set to "1", and d) data logger turned ON.

To test that the Raven is talking back to the Ag Leader, I use the following simple test: Make the Swath width one of the display items on the Ag Leader. With the controller booms sections OFF, the Swath width should show Zero. As you turn ON boom sections you should see the Swath width change on the Ag Leader. If this happens the communication from the Raven to the Ag Leader is working.

To test that the Ag Leader is talking to the Raven, I set the Ag Leader to show Target Rate (Manual). I set the Raven to show the current Target rate (Rate 1 for a 440). As I change the target Rate on the Ag Leader, I should see the target rate change on the Raven. If this happens I know I have communication in that direction.

I don't know if all the above pertains to the Micro Trak situation (the 5000 controller I assume).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)