AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer or E-Drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PER
Posted 2/10/2007 08:54 (#102293 - in reply to #101874)
Subject: RE: What the ???

Rich - 2/10/2007 08:02

I've spent many an hours behind the wheel of a combine cutting lodged wheat too and I've yet to see the necessity of a autosteer. once, twice, or all day long.

Hard enough to stay awake at the end of harvest no need to get more relaxed by not running a steering wheel and paying attention to the end of the header.

But then again, that may be also the reason why this is my very first post in precision talk. I just don't see it.

Is autosteer necessary on a combine? Probably not because at the end of the day a person can drive a combine from one end of the field to the other.
However, can a person keep a 95-100% full header all season long? Again, probably not. Take that same person who might also be a farm manager/owner/operator who has other things to manage whilst running the combine. Autosteer then becomes a very attractive option, especially if it can be shared with another vehicle. If an operator can rely on the combine to steer itself then it allows the operator to use a phone, PDA, laptop etc whilst on the move. There has been many tons of grain sold from the seat of the combine!!

PER
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)