AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ steer or E-Drive?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 2/10/2007 08:26 (#102279 - in reply to #102225)
Subject: RE: Autosteer in Reverse

Hillsboro, AL
plowboy - 2/10/2007 01:24

I guess I must not be understanding how the stuff is being used. 

First, I very seldom back a machine up.  If I see my combine backing across a field there better be someone I can't fire driving. 

Yes our machine backs up from time to time.  We only have one combine in the field.  I guess that makes a difference.  If you don't back up then you don't have fire ant mounds to contend with.

Second, I didn't think the autopilot was being used when you were turning around.  Perhaps there are different meanings for "headlands,"  I'm thinking end rows...the place where you turn around on the end.  

Look at the images I posted at the top of the page.  We have almost no square fields.  We have some places where you have to backup up some before turning around on the ends.

Third,  are you guys making the opening pass on auto?    Based on what?    I would expect that I would open the field and get to straight rows away from any potential limbs, washes, and associated problems, then set the A-B and run, much as I do with the lightbar.

All of our lines are saved.  We pull into a field and select the line we want to use an go.  We do not have to create a new AB line when we start the field.  We can start planting anywhere in the field we want to start at.  The same lines are used for all field operations.

I guess I didn't even know enough to realize how ignorant I was about this topic!    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)