AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Re: New Holland front axle recalls -- some answers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 2/5/2007 15:02 (#99723)
Subject: Re: New Holland front axle recalls -- some answers.

Alberta, Canada
Ausjohn and mnfarmer asked about the front axle recalls in a recent post.

As far as I know, the recalls only stand for the 8060 Gemini. However I believe all the recalls went away with the Gemini, but regardless of that, you can still get that 8060 update on select TM series, dis-including the TM150 & TM165 which as far as I know had that update already. They were also available with SuperSteer, and did not have the same update. However, these models were only produced up until 2002, with the TM-II and MXM series emerging in 2003. 2003 was a huge year for CNH, as their entire line-up of equipment was upgraded, and the result of the two brands merging in 1999 was finally seen.

The TM-II series did not have a recall or up-date, but did offer a heavier axle in the small frame (TM120, 130, 140, & 155). This heavier axle option is the same found on TM175 and 190 Standard MFWD models. The same goes for the Case MXM tractors.

Tyre wear can be a result of lots of things such as brand, type, application, amount of time spent with front axle engaged, improper ballast, improper inflation, there are many variables. The front axle upgrade is simply to increase its strength, primarily for loader work, and if he hasn't had any front axle problems, then there is no need for it. Has he perhaps tried reversing the front tyres?

-Josh
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)