AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback System - (possibly for sale)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 2/6/2007 23:25 (#100535 - in reply to #100531)
Subject: Re: Outback System - (possibly for sale)

Soutwest Ks.
Rick: I'm not John, but I did run the new version of the HD Baseline last fall for 150 hrs. or so on a 7240 Magnum pulling a strip till rig.
At that time it was still prototype and several of us in my community put some seat time and hours testing. It is quite accurate with virtually no drift. I'm intending to plant on the same strips and I believe that is going to be where I'll decide if I'm really happy or unhappy. I did quite a lot of measuring of quess rows to determine accuracy and it was hard for me to determine if the inaccuracy I would occasionaly experience was an Outback problem or machine drift. (strip till bar mounted to 3pt. behind an air cart) Sometimes I could see that the quess row was running 4-5 inches off, however if I would measure over 200' or so the pass would be exactly on course, so I'm not sure if the deviation that I experienced occasionally was actually Outback or equipment walk. I think my 3 pt. planter will act somewhat different, don't know if it will be better or worse. For the money I paid for my unit, I've been happy so far, but I do know they took quite a price hike after that product was fully developed. It is very simple to understand and operate and smooth in operation once flow is adjusted correctly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)